Our Client is a Ship Owner. Due to business expansion, they are looking to hire an Accounts Assistant (1-year renewable contract) to join them in Singapore.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Prepare and submit Weekly Forecast Reports
- Prepare and submit Monthly Profit & Loss account and trend statistics by service
- For JV services, coordinate with JV partner on timely submission of their reports, reconciliation, and finalization of accounts. Disputes with JV to be resolved within 3 months and payment to be settled on time
Agents and Disbursements
- Ensure Agents’ disbursements are accurately verified, standard policies and procedures are adhered to by Agents, supporting documents from Agents are received timely.
- Agents’ SOA is to be received by 15th of the following month
- Agent reconciliations are up to date and ensure disputed items are followed up and cleared within 3 months
- All outstanding with terminated Agents to be cleared within 3 months from date of termination
- Review all provision of operating costs, Unbilled and Unearned revenue, Bunker stock card to ensure the accuracy and reported monthly.
Budget / Revised Forecast
- To ensure deadlines are met
- To ensure all workings are in order
- To ensure the reasonableness test for revenue and costs
- Compilation of monthly Exco report with commentary by the deadline as per timetable was given
- Monitor the submission of flash reports by Line Management as per timetable given
- Ensure a continuous improvement process of monthly comparison of Flash and Actual in order to make Flash more accurate
- To ensure schedules are prepared and deadlines are met
- To minimize audit points
- All suppliers’ invoice to be updated into the accounting system within 5 working days upon receipt of it
- Disbursements submitted by agents to be cleared upon receipt of it
To excel in this position, you should have:
- Diploma with a minimum of 1-2 years of relevant accounting experience
- Graduates with strong academic results
- SAP experience in a commercial environment an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of MS Excel
Our client can offer an attractive package and excellent long term career opportunity at a highly respected and market leading business.