Our Client is an MNC Logistics business. Due to business developments they are currently looking to hire an Assistant Manager, Ocean Freight.
In this position you will be reporting to the Ocean Freight Manager and will be involved in supervising the Ocean Freight department. Responsibilities will include:
- Supporting P&L management, leadership of effective operations, and business growth
- Responsible for day to day operations of imports and exports
- Assist in preparation of quotations
- Negotiate rates with carriers and vendors
- Ensure Operations team comply to customs regulations and company procedures
- Trouble shooting of operational problems and finding solutions
- Constantly look to improve processes and procedures
The ideal person for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Likely to have at least 5 years experience in freight forwarding
- Good initiative and positive attitude
- Chinese speaking preferred (as dealing with lots of Chinese customers)
This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of the operations management team in a logistics MNC. Our Client can offer a market related salary. They are an established and growing company with good team environment and culture.