Our client is an international tanker owner. Due to business developments, they are looking to hire for a Commercial Analyst who will also work as Chartering Executive.
In this position, you will report to the Commercial Director. You will split your time between working as a Commercial Analyst and a Chartering Executive. Responsibilities will include:
- Researching and gathering information on the tanker/liquid commodity and freight markets
- Analyzing data and crunching numbers
- Preparing regular and ad-hoc reports for management and commercial team to aid decision making
- Working as part of the chartering team and supporting chartering activities
- Working as part of the operating steam and supporting vessel operations activities
The ideal person for this role will have experience as a Commercial Analyst and will be keen to learn and develop their experience in broader commercial shipping (chartering and operations). The ideal person will be able to demonstrate:
- Likely to have around 2 to 3 years experience as Commercial Analyst within the shipping market – could be working at a Broker, Ship Owner, Commodity Trader, etc
- Strong IT and analytical skills
- Well educated and relevant degree
Our Client can offer a market-related salary and potential for bonus. This is an excellent opportunity for an Analyst who would like to develop a more rounded commercial skill and gain experience in chartering and operations.