Our client is an international ship owner, due to business expansion they are looking for a Corporate Secretariat Manager to join the team.
In this position, you will:
- Manage and supervise the day-to-day operations of the Corp Sec team, and guide and train the Corp Sec team on corporate secretarial matters.
- Act as the named Company Secretary
- Prepare/review directors’ resolutions, shareholders’ resolutions and other corporate secretarial papers and ensure that the corporate secretarial papers and records are prepared and kept in accordance with applicable statutory requirements.
- Organize and attend physical board meetings, including preparation of meeting papers and taking of minutes.
- Review and update corporate secretarial processes and policies, and promote compliance and adherence to the same.
- Be responsible for the maintenance and update of Viewpoint Database.
To excel in this position, you should have:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in corporate secretarial work.
- Prior experience in a managerial/supervisory role will be an advantage.
- Familiar with applicable statutory regimes in Singapore and offshore jurisdictions, and able to advise on all aspects of corporate secretarial work and corporate governance.
- Hands-on working knowledge of Viewpoint or similar electronic database system.
- Effective communications and persuasive skills, both oral and written, to provide clear, concise and to-the-point advice and direction.
- Adaptable to work in a fluid and changing business environment, in cross functional teams, and in different geographical regions.
- Good people management skills, as well as a good team player.
- Ability to speak and read Chinese will be an advantage to liase with Chinese speaking clients
- Qualified Chartered Secretary (SAICSA/CSIS) will be an added advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company. Our client can offer an attractive salary based on experience.