This Fleet Superintendent role is to ensure reliable and safe operations of the company’s managed vessels in a cost effective and efficient way by means of preventive maintenance. A key part of this role will be to proactively support health, safety and environmental awareness on board as well as helping to create an accident and incident free work culture.
Areas of knowledge include :
- Vessel Maintenance, Drydock & Major Repairs
- Planned & Condition Monitoring System
- Budgeting & Cost Control
- Commercial Awareness & Vessel Performance
- Vessel Inspections & Reports
- Providing reports to clients as well as client handling
- Audit / QA / Risk / Safety
- Risk Management
- Insurance Claims Handling
- Quarterly Reports & Variance Reporting etc
- At least 3 years of sailing experience as Chief Engineer on board Multi-purpose or breakbulk or dry bulk carriers. Otherwise, as Chief Engineer on such vessels on minimum of 2 sailings or voyages.
- Professional, independent, driven and hands-on with a high level of commitment to deliver.
- Proven strong leadership and project management skills.
- Ability to administer technical and budgetary requirements.
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills across all levels of employees within the company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
A comprehensive package awaits the right candidate.