Our Client is an established ship manager and they are looking to hire a Marine Superintendent to join them in Singapore.
In this position, you will be responsible to:
- Assist the Marine Manager to ensure safe operations of the vessels and compliance to all international marine requirements
- Assist DPA on the implementation and upkeep of the SMS, training and seminars
- Conduct regular ship inspections to ensure compliance to the statutory requirements of the ISM / ISPS / TMSA
- Ensure effective management of the tanker operations and maintaining nautical standards onboard vessels
- Conduct prevetting inspection onboard the vessel, review SIRE inspection and follow-up.
- Provide guidance to Master for nautical matters.
- Co-ordinate of supply of provisions and fresh water
- Conduct incident investigation onboard the vessel.
To excel in this position, you should have:
- COC Class 1 or 2 holders with tanker sailing experience
- Supervisory experience ashore in tanker companies will be advantageous
- Possess good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to converse in Bahasa Indonesia will be advantageous (to liaise with Bahasa Indonesia speaking crews)
- Analytical, able to work independently and result-oriented
- Ability to commence work in short notice will be advantageous
Our client can offer an attractive package and excellent long term career opportunity at a highly respected and market leading business.