Our client is a shipping MNC. In view of expansion, they are looking for a qualified candidate to join them as Newbuilding Project Manager.
The Project Manager will have responsibility for the delivery of designated projects from start-up through to acceptance and will be involved in:
- Preparation of proposals
- Preparation of project budgets
- Preparation of project and quality plans to ensure that records of all work are kept in a systematic and traceable manner in accordance with procedures.
- To plan, supervise, manage, and perform tasks such as feasibility studies, design studies, detail design, plan approval work, site supervision, ship condition surveys, damage investigations, specification writing, cost estimating
- Monitoring the technical and financial performance of projects.
- Preparation of monthly project progress reports in accordance with requirements.
- Resource management of projects, delegation, and supervision of project managers and junior staff.
- Acting as an acknowledged expert in a particular field within the Consultancy Group, providing services to both internal and external clients. In particular providing expert advice on the management of repair and conversion contracts and the design, specification, plan approval and supervision of new constructions.
- Assisting the Project Director with Staff performance and development reviews and acting as a mentor for more junior staff.
To excel in this position, you should have:
- Experience with the new building in the shipping industry
- Experience working with shipyards in China
This is an exciting opportunity to join an established company. Our client can offer an attractive salary based on experience.