Our Client is an international Ship Owner. Due to business expansion, they are looking to hire a Purchasing Executive to join them in Singapore.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Complying with the Safety Security Environment Management System and regulation in force
- Ensuring the timely ordering of the day to day requisitions received from the fleet, by using the software used for the procurement and the supply chain
- Send quotation and summarize the various offer received for the superintendent approval
- Place the order after superintendent (or above) approval
- Ensure delivery on board through the logistics chain from the supplier to the vessel
- Ensuring that the purchasing function is carried out in accordance with company procedures
- Applying the best practice defined by the purchasing department
- Assist the superintendent in the preparation of vessel budget
- Propose any improvement cost saving through the supplier and regional area knowledge to the superintendents and his/her purchasing manager
- Ensuring the product’s compliance with the international rules and regulations applicable to the vessels the purchaser is in charge
- Report to the Purchasing manager specific vessel requirement
- Follow the KPI establish by the Procurement Director
- Perform Supplier audits’ on request of the management
To excel in this position, you should have:
- Diploma in Purchasing Management / Supply Chain Management with a minimum of 2 years of experience.
- An excellent team player as well as a good communicator, rigorous, accurate and methodical.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel, word and power point
Our client can offer an attractive package and excellent long term career opportunity at a highly respected and market leading business.