Our client is a well established shipping MNC. They are currently looking for a suitably qualified shipping professional to join them as Senior Operations Manager or Deputy General Manager for their diverse fleet of vessels.
To be suitably qualified for this role, you need to be an ex-seafarer (preferably as Ship Captain) on board container or dry or wet vessels.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Managing a diverse team
- Be able to handle shipping related emergencies such as piracy, vessel accidents etc
- Overseeing ship operations including maritime safety and security issues
- Have extensive contacts with MPA, PSA, Government Agencies and Shipping Partners to overcome issues relating to ship operations
- Absolute mastery of areas pertaining to port dues, tariffs and port services
- Innovative in running a cost efficient ship operations
- Other required hands on knowledge : Husbandry, transshipment, boarding, agency operations etc.
- Possess Certificate of Competency with sound experience in ship operations (both sea and shore). Minimum as 2nd Officer but ideally Ship Captain credentials
- Sound spoken and written communication skills
- Possesses Class 3 Driving Licence
- Most importantly, someone with great leadership and managerial skills!
This role not only comes with a comprehensive package but also offers the right candidate a great opportunity for career progression.