Our Client is a Ship Owner. Due to business expansion, they are looking to hire a Technical Superintendent to join them in Singapore.
In this position you will be responsible for:
- Complying with the company’s Integrated Management System and the ISM code
- Monitoring the vessels performance, shipboard maintenance and repair programs
- Ensuring that statutory and classification requirements are followed
- Monitoring of spare parts & stores request from vessels
- Reporting to the Fleet management any current issues relating to Speed & Consumption, Operational Performance, Technical Matters, and Class & Flag State Surveys.
- Preparing the Vessel’s budget
- Approving orders, invoices, and payments up to limit of authorization.
- Conduct regular vessels inspections
- Planning in due time statutory and classification surveys to maintain the validity of statutory and classification certificates.
- Notifying classification societies and the Flag Administration, in case of deficiencies arising on the vessel(s) if the case may be
- Monitoring the lube oils and fuel oils quality and consumptions, in relation to vessel safe operation and performance.
- Preparing and organizing the maintenance and repairs during the ship’s trade, without interfering with vessel commercial availability.
- Prepare dry-docking specifications, evaluating tender documents and manage the vessel dry-dock. He is accountable for the dry dock works and costs performance
To excel in this position, you should have:
- Experience sailing as Chief Engineer on commercial vessels
- COC Class 1 Certified
- At least 2 years of shore-based experience
Our client can offer an attractive package and excellent long term career opportunity at a highly respected and market leading business.