Our Client is an international container shipping line. Due to business developments, they are looking to hire a Trade Manager to join them in Singapore.
In this position, you will be working as part of the Trade team focusing on Intra-Asia. This is a varied role and you will be responsible for:
- Running the service in a profitable manner – with responsibility for P&L
- Working directly with stakeholders, customers, and vendors
- Improving yield and efficiency
- Controlling costs – bunker costs, port fees, etc
- Space management and selection of cargo
- Involved in pricing strategy and tactics
- Selecting ships for the service to optimize costs and revenue
- Strategizing new and existing routes
- Managing terminal contracts for the service
- Some travel to meet customers and agents and visit ports
The ideal person for this role will be able to demonstrate:
- Likely to have around 5+ years experience in commercial liner shipping
- Previous trade management experience and strong operational knowledge
Our Client can offer a market-related salary package. They have an excellent work environment in central Singapore / CBD area. This is a really excellent opportunity to join a growing business and gain exposure to all commercial aspects of liner shipping.